Welcome to Sierra Pacific Synod
Special Synod AssemblyOctober 11, 2014
10 am to 2 pmAssemblies will be held at the following locations:
- District A St. Mark's, Fairfield
- District B Resurrection, Granite Bay
- Districts C and D Grace, Palo Alto
- District E, Hope, Fresno
- Youth Committee, Mt. Cross, Felton
Pre-Assembly Budget Forums
|8/25||7:00 PM||Thanksgiving||1225 Fulton Road||Santa Rosa|
|8/27||7:00 PM||St. Andrews||1501 S. El Camino Real||San Mateo|
|8/28||7:00 PM||Christ||3830 W. Tulare Avenue||Visalia|
|8/30||9:00 AM||Good Shepherd||4000 Clayton Road||Concord|
|8/30||10:30 AM||Hope||364 E. Barstow||Fresno|
|9/6||10:00 AM||Holy Shepherd||433 Moraga Way||Orinda|
|9/6||10:30 AM||Ascension||7607 Garden Gate Drive||Citrus Heights|
|9/6||10:30 AM||United||8800 Fontaine Street||Oakland|
|9/6||1:30 PM||Christ the Good Shepherd||1550 Meridian Avenue||San Jose|
|9/7||12:30 PM||Bethel||10181 Finch Avenue||Cupertino|
|9/10||6:30 PM||Faith||667 E. First Avenue||Chico|
|9/13||10:00 AM||Good Shepherd||357 Clay Street||Reno|
|TBD||TBD||St. Marks||1111 O'Farrell Street||San Francisco|
|Trinity||1225 Hopyard Road||Pleasanton|
|9/17||7:00 PM||Holy Shepherd||433 Moraga Way||Orinda|
Click here to download a current copy of proposed budgets for 2015-2016
Three proposed budgets are presented for Synod Assembly Voting Members to consider for the Sierra Pacific Synod's 2015-16 Fiscal Year. Below is a brief explanation of each proposed budget.
- Proposed 1 is a Missional Budget. This budget continues the work of the Synod including supporting its Ministry Partners and congregations and providing staff compensation that meets the synod's Compensation Guidelines. ELCA Mission Support in this budget remains at 52% of Mission Support received from congregations. This budget requires using undesignated, unrestricted reserve funds to continue the work of the Synod at current levels.
- Proposed 2 is a Reduction Budget. This budget minimizes the funds that are projected to be needed from undesignated, unrestricted reserves to fund the budget. It reduces grants for Ministry Partners and total staffing costs. There are no line items in the staffing section of this budget, because decisions about reducing staff and/or staff time will be determined by Bishop Holmerud if the Reduction Budget is the budget the Synod Assembly members approve on October 11. The ELCA Mission Support is reduced to 45% of the Mission Support received from congregations, which is lower than the majority of ELCA synods.
- Proposed 3 is an Income Based Budget. This budget limits budgeted expenses to the projected income. The proposed 3 budget further reduces funds for Ministry Partners, reduces the ELCA Mission Support to 35.8%, and reduces Total Staffing costs by more than 16%. While Bishop Holmerud will determine how to appropriate the Total Staffing funds, there is the potential of needing to cut 1.5 FTE from a staff that was already reduced by 1 FTE during the past year.
Pre-Assembly Budget Forums are being held throughout the Synod to give voting members and all other interested Synod members the opportunity to discuss and ask questions about the three proposed budgets. Questions that are raised at the forums and the answers for them will be posted here following each of the forums.
People attending the forums are asked to bring a copy of the budgets with them. Anyone attending the October 11 Special Synod Assembly should also bring a copy of the budgets with them.
Professional Leaders Conference
October 14-16, 2014The Village at Squaw Valley
1750 Village East Road
Olympic Valley, CA 96146
For hotel accommodations call:
The Village at Squaw Valley USA at 800.731.8021
Reference the "Sierra Pacific Synod Leadership Conference" to access the special group rate. There is a limited room block at a reduced rate available until September 22 or while supply lasts.
The Congregational Life Discipling Team is helping to sponsor Godly Play Training in our Synod!
When: September 19 - 21, 2014
What: CORE Training
Where: Pioneer United Methodist Church in Auburn, CA
Who: Di Pagel, Godly Play Foundation Trainer
For more information click on link: "Registration Brochure"
Special Synod Assembly/District Meeting
October 11, 2014
Rostered Women's Retreat
October 13-14, 2014
October 13-14, 2014
Sierra Pacific Synod Youth Committee (SPSYC)
High School Retreat
October 10-12, 2014
Santa Cruz, CA
For more information click here