Welcome to Sierra Pacific Synod
2015 Synod Assembly
May 29-31, 2015
Sacramento, CA 95814
Click here to make your hotel reservation before May 1, 2015 (limited quantity of discount rate rooms are available, once sold out the link will no longer allow reservations to be made.)
Click here for Display Space Reservation Form
Click here for Volunteer Sign up form
Click here for Volunteer Information Form
Click here for Cookie Donation Form
- Keynote Speaker: Colleen Windham-Hughes, Ph.D., MDiv., Assistant Professor, Religion California Lutheran University, Thousand Oaks, CA
- Bible Study Leader: The Rev. Jeffrey D. Thiemann, President and CEO Portico Benefits Services, a Ministry of the ELCA
2015 Synod Assembly Documents:
- Click here for District Listing (A, B, C, D, E)
- Click here for 2015 Synod Assembly Agenda
- Click here for 2016-17 Proposed Budget
In preparation for the 2016 Synod Assembly in Sacramento, all Synod Assembly Voting Members and other interested persons are invited to participate in a Pre-Assembly Budget Meeting. These meetings are planned to:
- Review the recommended and income based budgets for Fiscal Year 2016-17
- Learn about the budget process
- Receive information about the status of the synod finances
- Ask questions related to the proposed budgets and synod finances
Budget discussion meetings will be held on the following dates and times Date Time Location May 9 10-11:30 am Shepherd of the Valley
1455 Yosemite Avenue
May 14 7-8:30 pm Conference Call-in Session May 16 10-11:30 am TBD May 18 7-8:30 pm Conference Call-in Session May 21 4-5:30 pm Conference Call-in Session May 23 10-11:30 am TBD - Date/time subject to change May 23 1:30-3 pm TBD - Date/time subject to change
- Welcome to the Assembly
- Financial Information and Synod Audit
- Governing Documents
CONGREGATIONAL REPORTS (Forms A and C) FOR THE YEAR ENDING DECEMBER 31, 2014 are now due.
The statistics from these reports are used to determine your congregation’s annual assessment to Synod Assembly.
The report forms, with instructions, have been mailed to your congregation's mailing address by the ELCA church wide offices. Your congregation's ID number and this year's password are printed on the right hand top corner of form A. ID numbers remain the same, however, passwords are changed annually.
You are encouraged to file the report forms online by connecting to the website www.ELCA.org/congregationreport and entering your congregation’s ID and password. If you are unable to file electronically, complete the paper forms and mail them to the Sierra Pacific Synod, 9985 Folsom Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95827 office no later than February 15, 2015.
Contact the Sacramento office at (916) 756-1665 x115 with questions or email email@example.com.Click the links below to access PDF documents to complete your annual reports
Annual Rostered Leader Reports to the Bishop are now available at this link: http://www.elca.org/Resources/Office-of-the-Secretary Click on the "Synods" tab. Please note there are different reports for pastors, retired pastors and lay professionals. Please complete the paper forms and mail them to the Sierra Pacific Synod, 9985 Folsom Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95827.